Friday, December 28, 2012

Check this idea out!

I was doing some winter break Pinning planning and I saw this great idea at What the Teacher Wants and I got pretty excited!



Then I saw this great idea at Pink and Green Mama



And I thought to myself, HANDS ON SUBTRACTION ANGRY BIRDS!!!  I haven't played Angry Birds but my students love, LOve, LOVE it so this might just be the hook I need to get some of my reluctant learners subtracting.

From what I gather the birds knock over pigs in increasingly difficult levels.  My game is going to be the Pigs Revenge!  The plan is to have the kiddos make the birds when we get back then use a tennis ball decorated like a pig to knock them over.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Now back to Pinning planning!

2 comments:

  1. Love your "Pigs Revenge" idea - the students will love it! I did an angry birds themed math game at the end of last year for a filler/review activity those last few weeks of school and it was a big hit. I found the idea from Teacher Tipster. I think if you search him on Youtube you can find the video with his angry bird twist. I had students bring in empty boxes and a student let us borrow his plush angry birds for the game. Anyways, you'll have them hook, line and sinker! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! You are so sweet :) I'll search for Teacher Tipster and see what else I can round up for the team!

    ReplyDelete